Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Black Folks Movies

I was told yesterday that Barbershop 2 was a "black folks' movie." I asked the patron (age 10) if that meant I was not allowed to watch it. She says, "Uh, well, uh, you know whats I mean. That's not what I says."

I am tired of people asking why we don't separate our black authors. Mostly because I don't read an author based on their color. Probably if we did separate them they would say we were discriminating. We already get that because, we "ain't got nothing black folks wants to read." The grammar I am using is not a joke. People seriously say these things to us. Then they get mad when we can't understand them.

It's also really hard to look at a person who is checking out a book by T.D. Jakes and then a book called, "Thugz and Gangstas...Lookin' fo' my Baby Daddy: an erotic tale."

No comments: