Friday, August 10, 2007

Baby-Sitter's Club (NOT!)

I'm not a babysitter. Please don't ask me to to watch your children. I love kids. I love to watch them play (and play with them) but I'm not paid enough to be a babysitter. I am not responsible for your children when they are in the library. I don't know you, your auntie, or your "baby daddy" so I don't know who your child is going with. I don't want to be sued because you don't want to be bothered with keeping up with your kids.

Some guidelines for parents:

**Keep your children with you. If you don't want the hassle of having them with you while you work on the computer then you need to hire a babysitter to take care of them while you are away.

**If they are loud take them outside and have a discussion with them. Please do this outside--we don't like hearing you yell inside.

**If you should decide to allow your children to roam the library unattended please do not expect us to keep an eye on them. We have jobs other than watching your sweet angels.

**Clean up after your child. We have toys here so they won't destroy our books and they can learn through playing. However, we don't enjoy finding them in the adult department or under the computers.

Finally, we aren't out to "get" your child or keep them from reading. We love them and very much encourage reading with children. However, if you are getting your child a library card, please don't run up huge late fees on them and then not pay them. You are not doing a service to your child. Own up and pay the fine. Your children can then read and not have to go through the embarrassment of having a huge fine when they didn't even know that they had a card because you got it for them when they were two.

No comments: