Thursday, August 30, 2007

Smart Rocks

I have met rocks smarter than many of the people I deal with at the library. Today's story is a tale of the ever popular Yahoo! Mail. I can't think of an easier way to set up email than Yahoo!, Gmail, or Hotmail. There is no money involved and the boxes are to be filled out with information that only the user knows. My boss has already shown this particular man how to set up an account. Unfortunately his time on the computer ran out and he needed some help because he didn't know a thing about email addresses. I explain that they must leave the library's home page and go to www.yahoo.com. They type the address with all sorts of random capitalizations. (Www.YAHOO>Com) I'm sure when their time is up in about 10 minutes I'll be called back to help them because the computer kicked them out.

The beauty of all of this is, they will never be able to check their email and will the claim that Yahoo! or Google deleted his account. Always Google's fault.

No comments: